Saturday, May 26, 2007

Un Détritus De l'Homme, Est Le Trésor D'un Autre Homme


We were approached last week by one of our neighbours about doing a neighbourhood garage sale. Now, anyone that knows us or reads my and my mum's blogs, knows that we spend every Saturday morning garage sale-ing. And at one point in time, you know that you have to have a garage sale yourself (especially once you've weeded out the trash from the treasures!).


We have a local no-kill animal shelter that's near and dear to our hearts since we found our precious Ben there, so we donated all of the proceeds from today's garage sale to the shelter.


There may be less in our house now, but I think we've made just enough room for next weeks bargains!

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

That is so nice!!
Thanks so much for the nice comments on my blog. I had to restrain myself at the flea market today, so I wouldn't buy everything.
Just think, next week you will have room for more junque!
Have a great Sunday!
Rosemary

Sheila said...

What a lovely thing to do.
Ben is such a treasure, it is wonderful to know that your donation goes towards helping other like him..!
Hugs
xx

Susie Q said...

Could not ask for a better cause! Such a lovely thing to do!
Ben is your great treasure...as is my Kip. Mom and I helped raise monies for the shelter Kip and her Abby were in.

Just think! Now you can go out hunting for new treasures!

How I love your blog...the words and quotes and poems.

Thank you for the smile...

Hugs,
Sue

Q said...

Dear French Nest,
Always nice to let go of the old to make room for the new.
Supporting the shelter is wonderful!
Sherry

PAT said...

What a great way to use your garage sale earnings. My daughter and her fiance plan to donate to Golden Retriever rescue in honor of their wedding guests, in November. Their Golden was adopted from a no kill shelter.

Pat
Back Porch Musings