Saturday, July 28, 2007
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Friday, July 20, 2007
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Well, today is the day...Today is my 100th post! Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you amazing women for always leaving such supportive comments. Your kind words and inspiring blogs mean so much.
To celebrate my 100th I have put together a little package for one lucky winner...just leave a comment and I will draw names this Friday....
The give-away package includes:
A Victoria magazine, Cavellini & Co. butterfly postcards, small book with inspirational quotes, cherry stationery, homemade seals, velum, bookmark, and a small gift bag filled with vintage pearls, flower seals, block letters, puzzle pieces, tags, admit one ticket stubs, and a vintage scrabble piece.
Good luck everyone!
Monday, July 16, 2007
Saturday, July 14, 2007
To make up for the lack of bargains, mum and I visited our favourite French bakery and treated ourselves to some pâtisseries. They specialize in everything from brioche, fruit and nut bread to divine French desserts like Crème Brulee, Meringue Chantilly, Pear Clafouti and assorted goodies. The aroma from the kitchen is heavenly and we enjoyed a fruit tart with a cup of cafe au lait.
Now, I am off to finish the strawberry tart!
Friday, July 13, 2007
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Monday, July 9, 2007
Ta Da! After keeping you all in suspense for a day and a half, I have finally completed my altered vintage tray project...I turned it into a blackboard! The final touch was the chalk, which I could not find anywhere. I went out with mum in search of it this morning, and it wasn't until 2 pm this afternoon that we came across a box in a teaching supplies store. I just knew I couldn't hold the reveal off any longer and felt guilty enough holding you all in suspense since Saturday morning. But, what's a blackboard without a written message in chalk?
I added a simple black and polka dot ribbon and a nest filled with eggs, a bird and, of course, the Eiffel Tower. I am so pleased with the result, and hope you are too!
Sunday, July 8, 2007
However, as I've told you all before, I always have one than one thing going so I haven't completely disappointed you. I have been working on French-inspired flip books all afternoon, and completed them about five minutes ago! They took some time to complete, but I'm really happy with them.
The first book is a flip book inspired by the theme of wishes...birthday wishes, travel wishes, everyday wishes...whatever the wish may be what better way to celebrate the everyday than with a wish!
The second book is French-inspired and is meant to look like French postcards. And on both books are antique playing cards and buttons, vintage lace, music notes from antique music sheets, pearls, metalworks, seals and ribbon...ohh lala!
Saturday, July 7, 2007
- It takes 24-hours to dry
- You probably loved doing this as a child
- It's silver and black and write all over!
Now I'm heading off for a girls night. Tonight we're off to see 'License to Wed' which I've heard is hilarious, stuff our faces with buttered popcorn and then finish off the night with a trip to a dessert bar! Have a fabulous night, ladies!
Friday, July 6, 2007
- I have been a vegetarian since I was seven, am an animal rights activist (if you see a girl with red hair and a picket sign in front of a circus, call out 'Hi Kate!' because it's probably me!) and a member of PETA
- I have dual citizenship - British/Canadian - and have lived in America...an experience that was wonderful for my family and I. The American people went out of their way to make us feel welcome wherever we went, and we love their patriotism
- I have had my art displayed in an art gallery downtown
- I love to swim and sail...anything having to do with the water, true to my birth sign: Aquarius, the fish
- I love, love, love to learn...one of the most comfortable places for me to be is in a classroom and I love to teach
- I always carry around a book with me...usually a non-fiction, fiction and an autobiography so that if I get bored with one, I can move on to another!
- I am a chocoholic...but hey, everyone needs at least one vice, right?
- I am a perfectionist - I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken!
Now, since tag was one of my favourite games as a child at recess, I am tagging all of you!
Here are the guidelines:
*Players start with Eight Random Facts/habits about themselves.
*People who are tagged write their blog and their eight random facts.
*At the end of the post, players choose eight people to be tagged and list their names.
*Don't forget to leave a comment on each tagged blog telling them they have been tagged.