Sunday, April 13, 2008

Trouvailles De Week-end

Shabby Chic Book #1
Shabby Chic Book #2
Oh la la...
So Chic!
My French Find...and What a Bargain!

Since the weather was absolutely gorgeous yesterday, we decided to go on a little weekend getaway...not too far from home, but far enough from the city that we ventured to a quaint, diamond-in-the-rough town filled with fabulous treasures!


We passed general stores (my favourite - I love places where you can shop for it all - groceries, clothing, souvenirs, and gifts for friends back home), small boutiques, antique stores and the biggest bookstore I have ever seen! That was our first stop, and I have never seen such a collection of books! They had everything, including a children's section, cookbooks for the sous chef, hobby/art books for the craft connoisseur, maps for the traveller...we're talking EVERYTHING. I picked up two of Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic books, which I am sure will give me a ton of inspiration for my new place. Mum picked up a few home decorating books as well, which I'm sure she'll post tomorrow for you to see!


Our next stop was a vintage shop - I found the cutest little metal shoe shape which I'll post tomorrow - it would make the cutest door stop, paper weight or business card holder!


Lastly, we stopped off at a gorgeous Shabby Chic store filled with everything French and chic - oh la la! I fell in love with a set of French china but, alas, to much for this "French" girl! I did, however, find a vintage looking clock for a bargain...only $19.99!!


I hope you all had a fabulously chic, fun-filled weekend...now, I am off to flip through by Shabby Chic books!

4 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Love the Rachel Ashwell books. I used to have them all but a 'friend' borrowed the 2nd one in your pics. and now says she never borrowed it and it is hers. I wish I had put my name in it now!! Oh well what do you do??
Alison

Jeanne said...

Much love and many blessings to you~
I love all that you share with us.
Love Jeanne

Rosemary said...

I have those books too Kate!
Love them. I use to see Rachel walking around the flea markets here. Haven't seen her lately.
Enjoy your week!
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Nice books and very informative...