Sunday, April 20, 2008

Garage Sale Finds and Other Bargains!




This past Saturday marked our first official garage sale of the season, and although we didn't snag a lot of bargains, I was pretty happy with the antique croquet set I found at a church bazaar for only 50 cents! It might be missing a few pegs, but I think it's fantastic! I passed a man who seemed pretty interested in it and as he walked past he turned to me and said, "Are you sure you want that? It's missing pegs and a ball or two..." If it's one thing I've learned from garage sale-ing, it's that if you fall in love with something, regardless if it's missing pieces or a few chips of paint, it's worth it. And if someone tries to talk you out of it it's because THEY want it...so grab a hold of it (or, if it's too heavy do what I do and sit on it) and don't let it out of your sight! You can also call your mum over to help you stand guard...
I also went shopping with mum in order to buy one of my girlfriends her wedding shower gift...champagne flutes and a glass pitcher with glass stir stick. Well, I bought that for her (as well as a set for myself!), while mum found gorgeous mugs, plates and bowls for me....$10 for the set ($80 originally!), a $4 pepper mill, and a $4 mezzaluna with cutting board (ever since I started watching Nigella, I've been dying to snag one!)
So, you could say this past weekend was quite successful!

2 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh I love that croquet set. No wonder that guy tried to talk you out of wanting it!!
Alison

Rosemary said...

What a great deal on the croquet set!!
Garage Sale season is open!!
Enjoy!
Rosemary