Sunday, January 28, 2007

Bijoux De Cru





Living in a small town has a lot of perks....one being tiny little shops around the corner. Forget about the big shopping malls and department stores...you will fall in love with the European flair these family owned shops offer.

When my mum and I do our weekly Sunday afternoon shopping downtown, we are sure to stop in to at least one of our favourite vintage jewellery stores to see what latest items the owners have purchased on their travels.

I may not have been around the world (at least not yet), but my jewellery has, and it tells of many travels. While I love my vintage costume jewellery, I also love my red carpet worthy jewels...this includes my Chanel bracelet and Vera Wang diamond studded rose bracelet and matching ring. I love the uniqueness of these pieces from eras I would have loved to have lived in (and some I think I have!)

Displayed on a French vintage envelope and key rack I purchased at a local shop, my jewellery waits patiently to be shown off on its night on the town!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

I enjoy small shops too, malls don't do it for me..!
The vintage rack is lovely for displaying your treasures..a great idea.

Jeanne said...

You are so lucky to still have your beloved Mother to share beautiful moments with. My beloved Mother died in August very suddenly and every moment I miss her and all the joys we shared!
Treasure every golden moment.
Love Jeanne

Pam Aries said...

Tres jolie! Your jewels are lovely! and what fun to go shopping in a great store with your mom!