Saturday, July 14, 2007

Samedi Trouvailles De Brocante à domicile De Matin Et Pâtisseries Françaises

The garage sale finds were a little disappointing this morning...my only bargain was this cigar box at 25 cents. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I don't think it needs any altering...although a bit of antique lace might look nice.

To make up for the lack of bargains, mum and I visited our favourite French bakery and treated ourselves to some pâtisseries. They specialize in everything from brioche, fruit and nut bread to divine French desserts like Crème Brulee, Meringue Chantilly, Pear Clafouti and assorted goodies. The aroma from the kitchen is heavenly and we enjoyed a fruit tart with a cup of cafe au lait.

Now, I am off to finish the strawberry tart!

7 comments:

Q said...

Dear Kate,
Yummmm....
I bet sales will pick back up when the temperatures cool down.
The cigar box is so nice for saving little finds from a trip you take. A memeory box is always fun to do. One from this summer at work? A pine cone or a wee rock???
Dried flowers and notes from your desk. I am just full of ideas for this little darling box of yours!
Have fun with it.
Strawberry Tart....
Butterfly wings and bird songs,
Sherry

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Yummm! I've always liked those old cigar boxes, even the smell!

Rosemary said...

Looks heavenly!!
Enjoy!
Rosemary

Deb said...

Do you think 'the guys' will notice if we eat the eclairs we brought home for them :-}
xoMumxo

Cheryl said...

Oh, Kate!

That is a cool cigar box! My Grandma's name was Marguerite and it was my Mom's middle name. That vintage picture with their name, on the lid, is awesome!

Everything is better from a bakery, I think. Yum!

Cheryl~Cheryl's Place

Susie Q said...

But oh how sweet the bakery finds look! Scrumptious!

I do love that cigar box...perhaps just some altering...and it could hold tiny treasures...memories of sorts.

Hugs,
Sue

Charmingdesigns said...

Looks like a wonderful place to visit!! laurie