Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Petites Choses Françaises















If you're a regular vistor to my mum's blog, you will already know that we are avid garage-salers...in fact, we're known as the "Garage Sale Queens" in our neighbourhood! We each keep an eye out for shabby-chic/French inspired decor, vintage accessories such as postcards, photographs, stationery, and antique books. On our travels we've picked up everything from a vintage wire shoe, to a large walnut dining room table that looks amazing covered in vintage linens. There's always bound to be a diamond in the rough, you just have to keep an eye out...and remember, sometimes the last things on our "want" list are the very things that we've wanted all along!

7 comments:

Sheila said...

You and your Mum, are my kind of shoppers. I went to the grocery store today, and stopped at a vintage store, couldn't help it..! I picked up several old books..I hope to use the pages for collaging. My daughter was with me, we saw a lovely framed picture and she bought it for me for my birthday (not for some weeks) There is a certain charm in these things that new ones do not have. I love you decor..you have a good eye.

Mary L. Briggs said...

Lovely finds--especially the shoe! There's no other way to shop--especially for books.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

oh how I love wire things like you show here. The garage sales around my area are terrible...I keep wanting to take a road trip to some out of the way places to search the odd thrift/charity shop for treasures. I am sorely lacking great images and bits to use in art work and so I'm on the hunt. How fun you and your mom do this together!

Naturegirl said...

Ahh Yes I have seen some of these treasures on your moms blog when she tells of your ~*treasure hunts*~ that shoe would fit quite nicely on my ~garden bench~ with the others! Very nice finds! :) NG

Jeanne said...

You have found some real treasure troves darling one.
Fabulous............
Love and hugs and smiles.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

My mom and I go thrifting often..for years now...I love your blog! I'd love to see your mother's blog...

Q said...

Garage Sales, Tag Sales, Rummage Sales, Flea Markets, Secondhand Stores and always the Thrift Shops are the very best shopping! I like the "different" and many times I have picked up nice antiques. I also check the used Bookstores whenever I have a "book" craving.
Your wire finds are so nice.
Wonderful you and your Mum live close enough to be able to shop together. I bet you two have a grand time poking around. Both of you have an excellent eye for "good" stuff.
Bird songs and smiles,
~Q~