Sunday, December 28, 2008

Patinage de glace

Yesterday night my dad and I took advantage of the free skating at our local arena. I haven't been on skates since I was 14, so it was a bit of a challenge to get back into the swing of things. I joked that I would probably spend the majority of the night in the children's section, skating with the assistance of a chair in an attempt to gain some balance. But, the old adage is true...it's just like riding a bicycle. I eventually found my groove and we spent a good hour and a half on the rink. I was surprised that the rink wasn't more crowded, since I remember as a child my dad having to circle the arena a few times before finding a parking space.


We came home shortly afterwards and warmed up to some hot chocolate by the fire, and watched a few Christmas movies before they get packed up with the rest of the Christmas decor.


I think I will be able to fit in a few more winter sports before I head back to school to begin my second term. Most of the snow is still on the ground...maybe I can convince my brother to find our toboggan so we can head over to a snowy hill! Those skis of mine are also calling my name...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time!