Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Bagatelle Anglaise


What better way to cool off than enjoying a refreshing summer dessert with layer upon layer of whipped cream, fresh market berries, vanilla pudding and Italian lady finger biscuits? You're got the best of 3 countries, for one thing: Italian cookies, trifle recipe from England, and prepared in the French Nest kitchen!

This simple, yet delicious, dessert is a real time saver and tastes even better the next day!

Kate's Summer Trifle
(Serves Eight - or, in our case, a family of four!)

Ingredients:
-Whipped cream (Cool Whip works best)

- 2 boxes of Jello vanilla pudding

-2 packages of Italian lady fingers

-Plenty of fresh market berries: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries (remember to reserve some of the berries for garnish)

Layer lady fingers, pudding, berries and whipped cream...bon appetit!

12 comments:

Pam Aries said...

OopS ..I'm sorry..I just drooled all over! ha! That looks so scrumtious!

Deb said...

So delicious ... can't wait for you to make it again :-}
Since you are one of the NICEST people I know - and I LOVE your blog, I have nominated you for the "Nice matters Award"!
Love
Mum
xox

Rosemary said...

Kate,
Sounds heavenly!
A must try!
Rosemary

PAT said...

Looks wonderful, Kate!

Pat

Tea said...

Oh boy oh boy......that sounds sooooo good!!

tea
xo

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Sounds sooo good. I must give it a try!

Manuela

Naturegirl said...

Kate I have not been here in ages!!
Your mom sent me over as she has awarded you..of course!!
What a wonderful change in the look of your blog!!Lovely!
Mmmmmm my mouth waters!hugs NG

KLKinFLA said...

That looks divine!

Vallen said...

Anything that has berries AND cream is my favorite.

Sheila said...

This looks wonderful. I am a huge fan of English trifle, and this seems to be a delightful and fresher version of that. Thanks for the idea.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

YES!!!

Anonymous said...

uuuuuuuuuum~ Yum!! I see you are a rally nice blogger who makes really nice desserts~ need a new friend?? Love your blog.
Sharon @ C'est Chouette