Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Retro Chic




The weather these past days has gone from one extreme to the other - one minute we have hail and a thunderstorm, and the next minute it's a heatwave! Well, today we happened to have a heatwave, so I spent the majority of the day keeping cool in the basement. My intention was to clean and organize downstairs but, of course, that never happened once I came across a few extra canvases to create...
I decided to go with a "retro chic" look and took black and white polka dot ribbon, pink card stock, stamps, vintage pictures from TIME Magazines (circa 1964), scrabble tiles and of course, some glitz, care of some sequins and glitter.
I also came across two shadow boxes...I'll post those tomorrow!

1 comment:

Deb said...

These 2 canvases are gorgeous Kate. So much detail! I loved the little sparkles on the shoes :-}

Mum
xox