Monday, March 19, 2007

Afghan À crochet


My mum surprised me one afternoon with this crocheted afghan, showcasing all of my favourite colours...white, pink, yellow and green. She hadn't done any crocheting since the '70s but after visiting some of her favourite blogs, she was inspired to start up again. So much so, that now she's working on one for herself! It kept me warm yesterday night, as mum and I watched one of our favourite movies "Waiting to Exhale" and drank hot chocolate with whipped cream and shaved chocolate curls!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

This is lovely. I must visit the same blogs as your MUm, as I too had been noticing these lately. I can't crochet anything but a granny square, so perhaps I could make one of these. I might just try it..!

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! What a nice and lovely mom to make it for you. My mom is the same way and aren't we lucky! And watching a movie together with hot chocolate, whip cream, and chocolate curls - well that's just the best. Sounds like a great night.
allie from minneapolis
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

Deb said...

I'm so glad you like your Afghan fait avec amour.
Mum
xx