Friday, December 26, 2008

My (2nd) Favourite Day of the Year













I confess...even after all of the presents have been opened Christmas Day I count down the hours until Boxing Day arrives. Beginning November 1st, I begin my Christmas countdown. As soon as Hallowe'en is over and done with, the pumpkin/Fall-inspired decorations are packed away and the Christmas decor comes out. There is nothing like listening to Johnny Mathis sing White Christmas while gingerbread cookies are baking in the oven, the table gets its Christmas makeover for parties, and the lights begin to be strung from the fence in the front yard.
While I am a self-confessed Christmas junkie (I insist the decorations stay out until February), I can't help my Boxing-Day-Countdown. I love a bargain, not to mention the thrill that goes along with getting a great deal. (Early) this morning, we headed out to Home Outfitters where the Christmas stock was 60% off, including a few not-so-Christmas items (a set of 2 pillows was $5 and Oneida silverware was $20!). I couldn't pass up this $20 white tea set, $10 Mercury glass tree topper and $8 Mercury glass candle sticks...I think I might have begun a new collection!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I'm looking forward to that first cup of tea from your pretty new tea set :-)
I wonder where the bargains are today? ... :-)
Mum
xoxo