Monday, June 23, 2008

Getting Fresh


A glimpse into Anna's kitchen...

It's official:
"Fresh" is my new favourite show. Hosted by Anna Olson, pastry chef and host of Food TV's Sugar, the show follows Anna around her Niagara home and community as she makes delicious meals using only fresh, local and organic produce with a variety of different themes: Country Wedding, Harvest Supper, Spanish Tapas, French Bistro and Block Party, to name but a few. Her mantra? "Eat Local, Eat Fresh."
Not only are the meals she rustles up delicious looking, but her kitchen is an art form in itself. From the black and white tiled floor, the teal painted walls and back splash and the array of red, yellow and orange Le Creuset cookware, to the stainless steel appliances and professional restaurant ovens, Anna's kitchen is like a throwback to a '50s diner, combined with a modern twist.
The comfort foods combined with the playful atmosphere makes me want to run into the kitchen immediately after each episode and attempt to recreate the recipes. I've been dying to try her Pear and Spiced Chocolate Tart, so I'll keep you all posted and promise to post all the mouth-watering pictures to go with it!

7 comments:

Free Art Printables said...

That is a lovely kitchen! Thanks for sharing it. Love teh way it's put together, but not "put together". Jen R

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

My daughter is going to school to become a Pastry Chef!
I am going to tell her about this lady.
I love Neil Young too..Thank you Kate for the lovely comment you left.
xoxo Nita

Jeanne said...

Blessings and much love.......
gorgeous kitchen.
Much love
Jeanne

Deb said...

I'm looking forward to trying the Pear and Spiced Chocolate tart when you make it :-}! YUM!

Mum
x0

Anonymous said...

OI love your blog and I love that kitchen! Nice to meet you, Susie H~

Rosemary said...

That is a great kitchen Kate!!
I haven't heard about that show, but I would like to watch it.
Rosemary

Naturegirl said...

So many cool chefs on the cooking channel these days! I love the one who prepares French cooking and makes it look so easy! I'm off to Paris this Aug. for 6 days and shall think of you!:)NG